Table of Contents
Introduction (Nakashima, H. & Hirata, K.)
Chapter 1: What would be nice to understand about Computational Thinking? (Nambu, M.)
- A Non-Computer Scientist’s Adventures in Computational Thinking
- Wing’s Computational Thinking
- Living a Better and Happier Life
- Do You Need Me?
- Whose Computational Thinking is it?
- Computational Thinking by Computer Scientists
- What Makes Me Happy?
Chapter 2: A New Way of Thinking: Computational Thinking (Nakashima, H. & Hirata, K.)
- Thinking in the Computer Age
- Computation and Thinking
- Exponential Explosion
- Divided Government
- The World View of Information
- What Computational Thinking Is Not
Chapter 3: Teaching Computational Thinking Across Disciplines (Vallance, M.)
- What is Interdisciplinary Computational Thinking?
- How is Computational Thinking being promoted globally?
- How can Computational Thinking be implemented?
- Concluding Remarks
Chapter 4: The Practice of Computational Thinking (Hirata, K. & Nakashima, H.)
- People who are Computer Scientists
Chapter 5: Meta (Katagiri, Y.)
- What is Meta?
- The Meta of Words
- The Meta of Computers
- The Meta of Thinking
Chapter 6: Life and Computational Thinking (Mima, N.)
- Thinking from Personal Experiences
- Originated in My Junior High School Days
- LOGO, a Tool for Thinking
- Poet Tanikawa Shuntaro’s Computational Thinking
- Thinking with Food
- New Learning and Computer Science
- Computational Thinking for All
- Jeannette M. Wing “Computational Thinking”
Record of “The Computational Thinking Colloquium at Future University Hakodate”
Introduction of the Editors and Authors
- Difficulties in Assessing Value
- Exponential Acceleration of Evolution
- Exclusionary Control
- The Law of Entropy Increase and the Arrow of Time
- Science Fiction Dealing with the Frame problem
- Thinking about the Way of Calculation
- Computer Also Mean “People Who Calculate”
- Women Computers at NASA
- Stigler’s Eponym Law and Self-Referentiality
- Marr’s Computation Theory
- Two “Calculations” -Calculation and Computation